Tips to Becoming a Mobile Phlebotomist

Tips for Becoming a Quality Mobile Phlebotomist/Insurance Examiner

Accredited Certification for Phlebotomy

When you choose a Phlebotomy program to get a state Phlebotomy certification, make sure the school is an accredited program. Many Phlebotomists attend schools that aren't accredited after they have paid money to the school. 

To work as a Phlebotomist in any state you will need a state Phlebotomy license, showing that you have training from an accredited Phlebotomy program. The school program sometimes last for about 1-2 months depending on where you go. Some of these schools provide financial aid for low income students.

When you're a licensed Phlebotomist you can work in any state of the United States, and apply for positions in hospitals, clinics, medical groups, paramedical exam companies, etc. Along with the Phlebotomy license you will need to apply for a CPR certification, and first aid certification. Some jobs let their employees obtain CPR and first aid certifications while on the job, at the job-site.

Your CPT-1 card will have an expiration date that's applied annually, which can be updated by taking the Phlebotomy test online or an accredited program site. 

Information for Phlebotomy License -  California Department of Public Health, CDPH; Attention Phlebotomy Program, Laboratory Field Services, 850 Marina Bay Parkway, Building P, 1st Floor, Richmond, CA 94804-6403, phones 510-620-3870, 510-620-3792, main phone 510-620-3800, fax 510-620-3697.


Useful online Phlebotomy Test here -



Recent Videos

2722 views - 0 comments
4331 views - 0 comments